How One Becomes a Member of a Brethren Church A MEMBER IS RECEIVED BY:
1. Indicating his/her desire to the pastor.
2. Determining how…
- by Affirmation of Faith, in the case that one has not made a public commitment to Jesus Christ and has not been baptized.
- by Reaffirmation of Faith, in the cases where one was baptized earlier but has not participated actively in the life of a Christian Church or if the congregation from which one comes does not give a Letter of Transfer.
- by Letter of Transfer, which is requested from the church where one has held previous active membership.
Coming forward at an appropriate time and answering the following questions:
- Do you trust in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior – the One through his teachings and example, and his life, death, and resurrection gives you new life with God?
- Will you support the Fayetteville Brethren Church with your attendance, giving, service and prayers?
Any questions regarding Christian Beliefs and Practices may be directed at any time to the pastor.