Historic Texas Cemetery – 1999
Originally known as the Czech-Moravian Brethren Evangelical Cemetery at Ross Prairie. In 1874, Thomas and Katerina Jecmenek donated land on which to build a church, a parish house, a school and land for the cemetery. The earliest dated stone is that of Katerina Roznovak Jecmenek (1850-1875). Significant to church members is the grave of Rev. Jindrich Juren who served the congregation as pastor and schoolmaster for some 45 years. Veterans of our nation’s wars who are honored here include one confederate soldier, Jan Hruska (1831-1894).